Trainee Estimator – Commercial Construction – $65,000 – $75,000
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver accurate quantity take-offs on all projects.
- Review all due-diligence information and analyze its effect on project budgets.
- Solicit subcontractors and vendors for pricing and ensure proper trade coverage for each scope of work.
- Analyze trade quotes and subcontractor bid levelling.
- Manage job cost history and maintain upkeep of costs database.
- Examine market-pricing trends.
- Prepare conceptual estimates based on historic pricing.
- Prepare milestone estimates and variance analysis.
- Participate in budget reviews.
- Review construction drawings.
- Monitor project and revise quantity take-offs for changes to original construction drawings and scope of work.
- Assist with project design and cost control.
- Attend design meetings and manage design progression.
- Provide value engineering.