Role: Superintendent – Multifamily Construction
The purpose of this position is to supervise superintendents on site and ensure their compliance with plans, specs, and safety requirements on multiple projects. The General Superintendents’ duty is to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner.
- Establish and develop professional relationships with on-site staff, providing leadership to them.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each subcontract, drawings, and specifications.
- Manage of multiple teams on various ongoing projects.
- Identify constructability issues, design deficiencies, code violations and any other issues.
- Develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked.
- Communicate schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Review the subcontractor's daily progress of work completed and deliver daily reports to the project team.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal logs.
- Minimum 3+ years ground up experience as General or Lead Superintendent on multifamily projects
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and be effective at building collaborative relationships
- Ability to engage professionally with clients, subcontractors, and skilled trades
- Strong knowledge in means and methods of construction, reading plans, planning, and scheduling concepts
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, and computer-based scheduling software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera
- Strong knowledge base of building components including foundation and structural systems, exteriors wall systems, interior finishes, and HVAC