Superintendent – Multifamily Construction
The purpose of the Construction Superintendent is to supervise trades on-site and ensure their compliance with plans, specs, and safety requirements. The Construction Superintendent’s duty is to achieve maximum production in the most efficient manner.
- Establish and develop professional relationships with on-site staff, providing leadership to them.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each subcontract, drawings, and specifications.
- Identify constructability issues, design deficiencies, code violations, and any other issues.
- Develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked.
- Communicate schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Review the subcontractor’s daily progress of work completed and deliver daily reports to the project team.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal logs.