State and Local Tax Manager
Centurion Selection is currently working with a premier Atlanta client looking for an experienced SALT Manager to join their Tax Team. Our Client offers flexible work environment, exceptional benefits and a work-life balanced culture.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain and develop strong client relationships on various state and local indirect tax consulting engagements.
- Act as a trusted business advisor to clients on a variety of issues including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Provide sales and use tax planning and consulting services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors.
- Advising clients on a variety of issues including multistate income and franchise tax planning, accounting for income taxes, restructuring, and due diligence.
- Overseeing complex state tax compliance engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Researching and analyzing a wide range of tax issues and tax implications including apportionment methodology, unitary filings, and nexus considerations.
- Respond to notices and inquiries from tax authorities and representation of clients under a state tax audit.
Qualifications needed include:
- A minimum of 5 years of SALT experience in Public Accounting at the Senior or Manager level.
- An active CPA license, required.
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis.
- Experience with clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction, retail, restaurant, technology, services, etc.
Our client operates in a hybrid environment - choose to come into the office, collaborate on Teams, or be fully remote if not local.