Senior Estimator - Multifamily Construction
We are seeking a a highly experienced Estimator who has worked on large scale, ground up, Multifamily projects. The position is for one of the leading Multifamily builders in the South and South East markets, who has a history of producing high quality apartments on a large scale. The successful candidate will supervise and coordinate the work as assigned and act as a lead across the Houston division of the business.
- Preparing conventional bids and conceptual estimates to owners as assigned.
- Review and coordinate final pricing methodology.
- Review quantities, production rates, material quotes and totals for pricing.
- Assist in receiving and evaluating subcontractor and major material quotations.
- Work as lead estimator on individual projects including takeoffs, sub-solicitations, pricing, bid summaries, GC s.
- Review work of estimators and junior estimators to comply with standard estimating practices.
- Prepare and make estimate transfer to budget.
- Oversee and assist Project Management with the preparation of significant project change estimates including change orders and construction claims.
- B.A. or B.S.in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of estimating experience for large projects.
- Knowledge of estimating software, engineering principles and construction principles.