Role: Estimator – Commercial Construction
Supervises and coordinates the work as assigned. Leads and prepares for the estimating of different projects. Trains and prepares other estimators.
- Prepare conventional bids and conceptual estimates to owners as assigned.
- Review and coordinate final pricing methodology.
- Review quantities, production rates, material quotes and totals for pricing.
- Assist in receiving and evaluating subcontractor and major material quotations.
- Work as lead estimator on individual projects including takeoffs, sub-solicitations, pricing, bid summaries, GC s.
- Review work of estimators and junior estimators to comply with standard estimating practices.
- Prepare and make estimate transfer to budget.
- Oversee and assist Project Management with the preparation of significant project change estimates including change orders and construction claims.
- B.A. or B.S.in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of estimating experience for large projects.
- Knowledge of estimating software, engineering principles and construction principles.