The purpose of this position is to assist in supervising trades on site and ensure their compliance with plans, specs, and safety requirements. The Assistant Superintendent’s duty is to help the Superintendent to achieving maximum production in the most efficient manner.
- Report directly to the Site Senior Superintendent.
- Assist Superintendent in holding jobsite meetings, scheduling updates, managing subcontractors, walk through with inspectors.
- Direct and control the project to ensure timelines are met.
- Cooperate with the owner and representatives as well as architects.
- Work with subcontractors and scheduling in proper work sequence to complete project within the given budget and time frame.
- Communicate with supervisor of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and to improve construction methods.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to walk thru prepare, schedule, and supervise punch lists.
- Promote jobsite safety and encourages safe workplace practices.
- Maintain good working relationships with inspectors, architects, subcontractors, vendors, and others connected with the jobsite.